Looking AheadJul 22, 2016 Personal Tweet
After nearly four years at my current company, I am looking for something new. I love my team, and I'd happily stay here longer (the challenges laid at my feet over the years have been exciting). But the business has made a decision to eliminate Python, sunsetting all the current projects by the end of this year, so I am beginning my search for a new software development opportunity.
Who I am and what I do
- I've been a backend developer for 15+ years, writing Python for about half of that.
- I'm happiest in a role with elements of both dev and devops.
- I'm very involved in the Python community, as a speaker, organizer and educator.
What's important to me
- Python: I'd enjoy a role that incorporates other languages, but Python must be one of them.
- Remote: I've been working remotely for the last decade. The communication and planning tools are all second nature to me.
- Challenging: Busy environments with a variety of tooling and application types are a great learning and teaching opportunity.
My favorite parts of dev work: Debugging, scripting, writing APIs, writing tests, deleting code, managing releases, optimizing data stores, writing documentation
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.